Sunday 28 April 2013

how to protect face from sun


Protection from the sun is a necessity year-round. Excessive sun exposure can cause sunburn, rashes, premature wrinkling, tissue damage and skin cancer, according to the Federal Trade Commission. Although use of sunscreen is an essential part of preventing sun damage, there are other means of protecting your skin from the sun when sunscreen is not available or when you require additional protection due to prolonged exposure or other factors.
Step 1
Stay inside as much as possible between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., the time of day when the sun's rays are strongest and most damaging. This minimizes the damaging effects of the sun on your skin, according to the American Cancer Society. Try to plan outdoor activities during the morning or early evening hours.

advertisement
Sponsored Links
Best Scar Removal Cream
Mederma Scar Removal Cream Remove Your Scar in Just 8 weeks !
Mederma.com/Scar_Removal_Gel
Step 2
Look for sun-protective clothing to wear when you intend to be outdoors for more than a couple of hours. Sun-protective clothing offers more protection than typical clothing because the fabric is designed with a tighter weave. According to the FTC, sun-protective garments include a special label that lists the item's ultraviolet protection factor. This number is similar to the sun protection factor included on sunscreen labels. The higher the number, the greater the protection against the sun's UV rays.
Step 3
Plant shade trees in your yard if you spend a lot of time outside, and look for a shady location to spend work breaks, watch your children play or participate in other outdoor activities. You can also buy a lawn umbrella at most home and garden stores and use that for portable, temporary protection from the sun.
Step 4
Wear a hat with a wide enough brim to cover your face, ears and neck. The American Cancer Society recommends a brim of at least two inches. The delicate skin on the face and neck is especially vulnerable to sunburn and skin cancer, and the scalp is also at risk, regardless of the amount of hair you have. Straw hats allow sunlight to penetrate through to the scalp, which means they provide little protection against sun damage.
How to Protect Skin in the Sun Without SunscreenStep 5
Choose clothing that covers all sun-exposed areas of your body, including your arms and legs. Lightweight, cotton fabrics can provide protection even in very hot weather, when heavier fabrics may be unbearable to wear. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends tightly woven fabrics in darker colors, and says dry clothes offer more protection than wet clothes.
Step 6
Protect your feet from the sun by wearing shoes whenever you are outside. The feet are often overlooked when it comes to sun protection, but they are just as vulnerable to burns and skin cancer as the rest of your body.
Step 7
Cover your eyes with sunglasses. Excessive exposure to the sun increases the risk of cataracts and can lead to burns and wrinkles around the eyes. Wear sunglasses--preferably those that wrap all the way around the eyes--at all times, and look for glasses that offer protection against UVA and UVB rays.


Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/86107-protect-skin-sun-sunscreen/#ixzz2RjzQtMK1

1 comment:

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease.Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews