Friday 19 October 2012

NUTRIENTS


Foods provide us with fats, carbohydrates, proteins, fiber, essential minerals and vitamins,
enzymes, antioxidants and so many other nutrients that science is still discovering. Fruits
and vegetables provide the greatest benefit to our bodies and the highest concentration of
healthy nutrients. The fresher the food, the better.
Everyone doesn’t need to become a vegetarian. I have no plans to completely give up fish,
chicken, turkey or beef. I have no plans to totally eliminate eggs or milk products from my
diet. These foods are good sources of some nutrients that are hard to find in abundance in
plant foods, especially calcium. I like them. I’ve grown up eating them. I think they are
provided by God, though I think we place too much of an emphasis on them in our diets. I
am advocating a diet rich in plant foods – fruits and vegetables in abundance. This entire
book is about what I did to reverse the diseases in my life and the background information of
why I did what I did. Nutrition is a part of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews